Santa Fe Stuffed Toast
- 8 (1-inch) slices French bread
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Form a pocket in the French bread by cutting horizontally 2/3 of the way through
the middle of each slice. Place a piece of cheese into each pocket and press to
- Combine the eggs, milk and chili powder in a medium bowl and dip each slice into
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the bread and cook
until each side is golden, about 5 minutes total.
- Serve the toast with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Yields 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes