Scrambled French Toast 2
- 3 or 4 slices stale bread, with crust (French bread is good)
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices crisp bacon (fried and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or to taste)
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp, reserving bacon fat.
- Cut bread into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt until well blended. Pour
egg mixture over bread cubes and gently toss with your fingers or spoon to coat
- Reheat bacon fat in skillet. Add soaked bread cubes, and cook on medium
high, turning occasionally until cubes are set and well browned.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over each serving.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and plenty of butter.
Source: Ford Cookbook for Car Travelers, Picnickers and Outdoor Chefs