Sticky Bun French Toast
- About 1/4 cup (1/8 pound) butter or margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) sourdough baguette, cut diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13-inch pan. Lay baguette slices on a cut side in a single
layer in pan, squeezing if needed to make them fit.
- In a blender or in a bowl with a whisk, whirl or beat eggs, half-and-half, milk,
nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract to blend well. Pour egg mixture over bread
to moisten evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 or up to 24 hours.
- In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup butter with brown sugar,
corn syrup, and pecans until butter melts. Uncover bread mixture and spread slices
evenly with the butter mixture, using all of it.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F until topping is browned and bubbly, about
- Scoop portions into bowls.
Yield: 5 or 6 servings
Per serving: 461 cal., 51% (234 cal.) from fat; 12 g protein; 26 g fat (11
g sat.); 46 g carbo (1.6 g fiber); 418 mg sodium; 221 mg chol
Source: Sunset Magazine
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes