Strawberry Amaretto French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 basket fresh strawberries or equal amount frozen, drained
- 1 bottle Amaretto
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- The night before serving, soak strawberries in ample amount of Amaretto.
- The next morning, slice bread into 2-inch slices, then slice each slice almost
- Spread insides of bread with cream cheese. Add some strawberries and Amaretto
in center; half shut with wooden pick. Mix eggs, water and nutmeg to make dip for
- Dip bread (filled) into eggs and fry lightly in hot skillet with a little butter.
Remove toast and add any remaining strawberries and juice to top of toast and sprinkle
with confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes