Stuffed Pecan Pie French Toast
A heavenly mixture of butter, brown sugar and pecans is sandwiched in cinnamon
swirl bread, dipped in a custard and baked for a sweet breakfast treat.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf Pepperidge Farm® Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the butter and brown sugar in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the pecans.
- Grease a baking sheet with the butter. Place the bread slices onto the baking
sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread slices are lightly toasted.
- Beat the milk, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with a fork
or whisk. Dip 8 bread slices into the milk mixture and place onto a baking sheet.
Spread about 1 tablespoon pecan mixture onto each dipped bread slice. Dip the remaining
bread slices into the milk mixture and place over the pecan mixture to form sandwiches.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sandwiches are golden. Sprinkle with the confectioners'
Tip: When cooking a sugar mixture on top of the stove, use a heavy-bottom saucepan.
The thicker the bottom, the less readily the sugar will burn.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes