Tortilla French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 thick flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salsa, diced avocado and grated Cheddar cheese, for garnish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place four plates in the oven to warm. Combine eggs, salt and milk in a shallow
dish. Add tortillas one or two at a time, and soak them as you would French toast,
turning once to coat them evenly.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon each of the butter and oil in a heavy skillet. Fry tortillas
one at a time, cooking until they are browned lightly on each side and adding more
butter and oil as needed. Place a pair of tortillas on each of the plates, arranging
them side by side, but overlapping a bit. Don't cover them.
- Top the tortillas with salsa, some chunks of avocado, and a generous sprinkling
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes