Very Cherry Stuffed French Toast
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices dry white bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine or vegetable oil
- Granulated or confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Maple-flavored syrup (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla extract,
cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Spread each slice of the bread with some cream cheese. Top six of the slices
with cherry pie filling, spreading almost to the edges. Cover each with the remaining
bread slices, cream cheese side down. Dip into the egg mixture.
- In a skillet or on a griddle, cook the sandwiches in hot butter over medium heat
for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut filled French toast into halves or quarters and dip in or sprinkle with sugar,
- Serve with hot maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes