Cheesy Jalapeño Grits
Try this great grits recipe! Jalapeño pepper, cheese and grits are the perfect
combination needed for that special side dish.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1 seasoning of salt and pepper, if desired
- Melt butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and
garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Remove peppers; keep warm. Allow skillet to cool slightly.
- Add chicken broth and evaporated milk to skillet and bring to a boil; slowly
stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to
10 minutes or until grits are thickened.
- Add pepper mixture and cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
10 min prep | 30 min total | 8 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe Servings Per Recipe: 8 - Amount
Per Serving Calories: 230 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV) Saturated
Fat: 7g (34% of DV) Cholesterol: 35mg (11% of DV) Sodium: 560mg (23% of DV) Carbohydrates:
23g (8% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 2g (6% of DV) Sugars: 5g Protein: 10g Vitamin A: 25%
of DV Vitamin C: 80% of DV Calcium: 25% of DV Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grits Recipes