Country Grits and Sausage Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten garnish)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds mild bulk pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- Tomato wedges (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (for garnish)
- Bring water to boil; stir in grits. Return to boil; reduce heat to low,
and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Combine eggs, milk, thyme and garlic powder; stir well.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot grits mixture into egg mixture; add
to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sausage.
- Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. At this point, you
can refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until set.
- Garnish, if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grits Recipes