Savory Baked Grits
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean's pork sausage
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or more if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups Quaker Quick Grits, cooked
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Remove the sausage from the casing and crumble. Cook in a skillet until
all pink has disappeared.
- Drain on paper towels and then spread the sausage on the bottom of a lightly
greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine the eggs, 2 cups of the cheese, the butter and cayenne pepper. Season
with salt to taste.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the cooked grits and pour over the sausage.
- Top with minced garlic and the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until hot and bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: about 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grits Recipes