Apple-Cinnamon Pile o' Pancakes
- 1 cup Apple Cinnamon Cheerios cereal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat or to 325 degrees F.
- Pour cereal into plastic bag and seal. Crush cereal with rolling pin or
can of soup. Pour crushed cereal into large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients,
except syrup, just until moistened.
- Pour batter, a generous 1/4 cup at a time, onto hot griddle. Cook 2 minutes
or until edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on the surface. Flip pancakes
and cook other side until golden, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve with syrup.
Yield: 5 servings (2 pancakes and 2 tablespoons syrup each)
Tasty topping: Skip the syrup and top instead with warm apple pie filling or
a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Source: Cheerios Cookbook by the Betty Crocker Editors
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes