Apple Crisp Pancakes
Apple crisp and pancakes rolled into one. Diced apples add chunky goodness to
the Bisquick® batter and then before flipping, the pancakes get topped with a brown
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cold butter
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled diced Granny Smith apple (1/4-inch)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Toppings, if desired
- Powdered sugar
- Real maple syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in
butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients until well blended. Heat nonstick
griddle to 350 degrees F. or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. (To test
griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is
just right.) Brush lightly with vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray before
heating to help prevent streusel from sticking to griddle.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cupful batter onto hot griddle. Sprinkle each
pancake evenly with scant 2 tablespoons Streusel mixture. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes
or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn; cook other side until light
golden brown around edges about 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds. Scrape off
griddle between batches of pancakes if necessary.
- Serve pancakes Streusel side up and top as desired using any of the toppings
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 25 min | Servings 13
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.