This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Skillet Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups thinly sliced tart green apples
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Maple syrup, if desired
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, flour, and sugar, whisking until the
mixture is smooth. Whisk in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract, until the
mixture is combined well. Stir in the apples.
- In a 9- or 10-inch cast iron skillet melt the butter over moderate heat.
Pour the batter into the skillet, spreading the apples evenly, and bake the
cake in the middle of a preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes, or until
it is puffed and begins to pull away from the sides of the skillet.
- Serve the cake cut into wedges with maple syrup.
Serves 4 to 6.