This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Bacon and Strawberry Stuffed Pancakes
Is it us or is there bacon in everything these days? Not that we’re complaining! Hop on board the bacon bandwagon and whip up these Bacon and Strawberry Stuffed Pancakes for a breakfast treat that everyone will enjoy!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk (with 1 tablespoon white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 6-8 strawberries
- 6-8 bacon strips, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (for cooking pancakes)
- Extra butter for tops of pancakes
- Maple syrup
- Before starting pancakes: chop strawberries, cook and chop bacon.
- In mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer, whisk together both flours, baking
powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine milk and vinegar and let sit for a few minutes. To the
milk add vanilla extract, melted butter; stir.
- On medium speed, pour milk mixture into flour mixture and beat for about 30
seconds until blended; scrape down sides with spatula.
- On medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until fully
combined (15-30 seconds). Batter should have a little thicker consistency then
- While batter is settling, wipe heavy bottom skillet with a little canola oil
and butter. Heat on medium low until pan is hot. Test heat with a baby pancake
- Pour batter in pan with a ladle or cookie scoop. Gently drop a few pieces of
strawberries and bacon in the center.
- Once a bubble forms and pops in the center of the pancake, flip.
- Put a little butter (about 1 tablespoon) on the top of each pancake as you stack
- To serve, layer with more chopped strawberries and back in between layers and
drizzle with butter and about 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
Yield: 12 pancakes
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1 pancake Calories: 367 kcal Fat: 18 g
Saturated fat: 10 g Trans fat: 0.6 Carbohydrates: 48 g Sugar: 29 g Sodium: 299
mg Fiber: 1.6 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 72 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Strawberry Commission