Bananas Foster Pancakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 firm ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts, if desired
- Pancakes: In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until
blended. Set aside.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees F. Grease
griddle with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before
- Use slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until
bubbles break on surface. Turn; cook until golden. Serve immediately, or
place on cookie sheet in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Banana Topping: In 10-inch nonstick skillet, mix butter, brown sugar,
cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and rum extract. Cook mixture over medium-high
heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until sugar
dissolves and mixture is thick.
- Reduce heat to medium; add bananas, gently spooning sauce over each
piece. Cook about 3 minutes or until bananas are glossy and coated with
- To serve, place 2 pancakes on each individual plate; spoon about 1/3 cup
bananas and sauce over pancakes. Garnish with chopped nuts, and serve
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.