Best Ever Hotcakes
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Add sugar and salt to well beaten egg yolks.
- Sift and measure four, add baking powder and soda and re-sift. Add flour
mixture and milk, to egg yolk mixture alternately, a bit at a time until all
are added, (stir the whole time).
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake on a hot griddle, turn only once when bubbles on the surface break.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.