Big Dutch Babies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Put butter into a 3- to 4-quart skillet and place in a 425 degrees F oven.
- Mix batter quickly while butter melts. Put eggs in blender container and
whirl at high speed for 1 minute. With motor running, gradually pour in milk,
then slowly add flour; continue whirling for 30 seconds. If using a rotary beater,
beat eggs until light and lemon-colored; gradually beat in milk, then flour.
- Remove pan from oven and pour batter into the hot melted butter. Return
to oven and bake until puffy and well browned, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the skillet.
- Dust with ground nutmeg; serve at once.
- May be topped with fresh fruit or warm syrup.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.