Big Dutch Babies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Put butter into a 3- to 4-quart skillet and place in a 425 degree F oven.
- Mix batter quickly while butter melts. Put eggs in blender container and
whirl at high speed for 1 minute. With motor running, gradually pour in milk,
then slowly add flour; continue whirling for 30 seconds. If using a rotary beater,
beat eggs until light and lemon-colored; gradually beat in milk, then flour.
- Remove pan from oven and pour batter into the hot melted butter. Return
to oven and bake until puffy and well browned, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on
- Dust with ground nutmeg; serve at once.
- May be topped with fresh fruit or warm syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes