Blueberry Almond Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, ground*
* To toast the almonds, place on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes
or until brown. Stir almonds halfway through baking to ensure even browning.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add all liquid ingredients and whisk together until egg
is mixed in well. Slowly add liquid ingredients to the dry mixture. Stir until mixture is smooth. Fold in blueberries
- Spray a griddle with nonstick spray and pour one cup of the batter onto
the griddle. Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on pancakes and then flip
to cook on the other side.
- Serve with blueberry syrup.
Yield: 12 pancakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.