Candied Ginger Pumpkin Pancakes
Wake up sleepy heads with warm spicy pumpkin pancakes! Pass the warm syrup please.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan halves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Pecan halves, if desired
- Butter, if desired
- Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, pumpkin pie spice, buttermilk, pumpkin
and eggs with whisk or fork until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans and ginger.
- Brush nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet with vegetable oil; heat griddle
to 350 degrees F or heat skillet over medium heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges
are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve topped with remaining ingredients.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 30 min | Servings 16
To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5
to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly
until light brown.
No pumpkin pie spice? Use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon each of
ground nutmeg and ground ginger.
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Pancake Calories 110 Calories from
Fat 40 Total Fat 4 1/2g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 1/2g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium210mg
Total Carbohydrate 14g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 6% Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.