Caramel Apple Oven Pancake
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup baking apples, thinly sliced (1-2 apples)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9-inch pie pan or baking dish with nonstick
- In small sauté pan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Cook over medium high
until sugar melts, about 4 minutes, stir in cinnamon. Pour into prepared pan.
- Slice apples with apple slicer and quarter. Arrange apple slices evenly
on top of caramel in pan. Set aside.
- In medium bowl measure flour and add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Sift together.
- Add buttermilk and egg and whisk until blended. Stir in melted butter.
- Pour onto caramel and apples in the pan covering evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on edge.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving dish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes