Caramel Latte Pancakes
Your favorite coffee house drink is now a delicious breakfast dish. Made with
Original Bisquick mix, these decadent pancakes are easy to prepare.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules or crystals
- Whipped cream, for serving
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In large bowl, mix Bisquick mix, baking powder and granulated sugar.
- In medium bowl, beat melted butter, milk, eggs and instant coffee with whisk
until coffee is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Add liquid mixture to bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until incorporated
(mixture may be lumpy).
- Grease griddle or 10-inch skillet; heat over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cupsful
of batter onto griddle. Cook until edges are dry and surface is bubbly, about
- Turn; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Repeat to use up remaining batter.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix all Caramel Syrup ingredients except vanilla. Heat
over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Heat
to boiling, and cook until syrup is thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla. Syrup will thicken upon cooling. If it becomes
too thick, return saucepan to low heat for a few minutes until soft.
- Serve pancakes with whipped cream and caramel syrup.
Prep Time 10 min | Total Time 60 min | Servings 4
Keep pancakes warm in a single layer in a 200 degrees F oven until ready to serve.
Store leftover caramel syrup in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Reprinted with permission from