Cheddar Cheese Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Applesauce, warmed (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupsful onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when
bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce if desired.
Yield: 8 to 10 pancakes