This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 cup spelt or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons flour
Vanilla Cream Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, oil and egg then stir just until the batter is moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling
into a small zip baggie and set aside.
- Place the ingredients for the syrup into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium
heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove vanilla bean before serving.
- To cook the pancakes, spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray,
then heat over medium-low heat. Pour pancake batter into your heated skillet,
then pipe a spiral of the cinnamon filling onto the top of the pancake. When
bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula,
and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep warm until ready to serve
with Cream Syrup.