Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 cup spelt or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons flour
Vanilla Cream Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, oil and egg then stir just until the batter is moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling
into a small zip baggie and set aside.
- Place the ingredients for the syrup into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium
heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove vanilla bean before serving.
- To cook the pancakes, spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray,
then heat over medium-low heat. Pour pancake batter into your heated skillet,
then pipe a spiral of the cinnamon filling onto the top of the pancake. When
bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula,
and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep warm until ready to serve
with Cream Syrup.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.