- 1 quart (4 cups) buttermilk pancake batter, prepared*
- 2 cups assorted confetti colored M&Ms
- 2 cups fresh whipped cream
- Confetti colored sprinkles, for ice cream or cookies
- Optional: sparklers
* Use your favorite recipe or a mix off the shelf. If you choose an off-the-shelf
mix, the better tasting pancake batters are the ones you need to add eggs, oil and
milk to, not water only.
- Spoon buttermilk pancake batter onto hot cooking surface into 2 1/2-inch
diameter pancakes or use a 1/4 cup measuring cup not quite full and pour batter
onto hot cooking surface. Immediately drop 3-5 M&Ms semi-evenly throughout
each pancake. As the batter warms up it will thin and spread out to 3 to 4 inches in diameter.
- Turn the pancakes when they become dry around the edges andor there are
bubbles in the middle. You may lift an edge to peek at the color, these pancakes
should be golden brown when ready to turn, turn. Cook another 1- 1 1/2 minutes
on the second side, again peek for color, if done, flip again so that the M&Ms
will be showing the most now on the top side, slide your pancake turner under
the pancake one last time and gently slide onto a warmed platter colorful side up.
- You may plate all of the pancakes on one large platter to garnish and serve
family style or individually plate, garnish and serve.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, then sprinkle with confetti colored
Optional: With adult supervision only, you might try for excitement placing one
sparkler into the stack of the family style plating of pancakes and light it just
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.