This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend dry ingredients. Add creamed corn (using all the canned liquid), melted
butter and water. Stir to mix, but do not over-mix.
- Grease a hot skillet with solid shortening and pour a scoop of the mix to test
the temperature. Bubbles should form on top of the flapjack before turning. Brown
on both sides.
- Serve sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Use honey as a topping instead of the usual maple syrup, if desired.