- 1 3/4 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring just until moistened.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each corn cake, cooking 3 cakes at a time.
Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Drain cakes on paper towels.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 3 tablespoons oil and batter.
- Let cool completely.
Makes 12 cakes.
Cooked cakes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days in a tightly covered container
or frozen in an airtight container up to 1 month.
To serve, place cakes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10
to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes