This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs, add buttermilk and melted butter. Add to the meal and beat to make
a smooth batter. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drop by large tablespoon onto a lightly
greased, medium-hot griddle. Cook until brown on each side, turning once, and serve
with butter, jam, fruit sauce, honey or syrup.