Cornmeal and Rice Pancakes
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Sift together cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Mix together rice,
buttermilk, egg yolks, and butter. Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients. Combine
only lightly, leaving a few lumps.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the
- Smear a griddle with oil, and heat it until a few drops of water sprinkled onto
it sizzle and dance. Spoon the batter onto the griddle about 4 inches in diameter.
Flip the pancakes when air bubbles form on their surfaces. When browned lightly
on both sides, the pancakes are done.
Variation: Use cooked brown rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes