Diner Griddle Cakes
Re-create those fabulous diner griddle cakes that you used to enjoy in your local diner.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter to grease griddle
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar
and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; add yogurt and mix well.
- Stir in buttermilk and melted butter.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients all at once and whisk just
- Heat griddle and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat (300 degrees F for
electric griddle). Pour 1/4 cup batter into griddle for each pancake. Cook for
2 to 3 minutes until underside is golden, then flip. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes
more, until center springs back when gently pressed. Use additional butter,
if necessary to prepare remaining batter.
Yield: 24 cakes
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin