This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together. Gradually beat dry ingredients into egg
mixture until smooth.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet and coat evenly. Pour batter into skillet
and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until
puffed and golden brown.
- Carefully remove pancake from skillet, cut in half, sprinkle with lemon and confectioners'
sugar, if desired, and serve.
- Serve as soon as it comes out of the oven so that it is still puffy when
Yields 1 large pancake to serve two.