This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Deutschen Vonkuchen (German Pancake)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 550 degrees F. Smear a cold 8-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- Beat eggs until frothy. Add flour alternately with milk, a little at a time,
beating until batter is smooth. Pour into skillet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 450 degrees F. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer. Pancake will puff
up and then fall and should be crisp and brown.
- Serve with lingonberry sauce. If lingonberry sauce is not available, you'll
have to settle for maple syrup or confectioners' sugar.