Honeyed Blueberry Breakfast Blintzes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup matzo meal
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (12 ounces) fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup regular or low-fat sour cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Blintzes: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, matzo meal,
potato starch and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Rub a small frying pan with oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons
batter and tilt pan to coat pan surface evenly. Cook until surface of blintz
no longer looks wet; carefully remove blintz. Repeat with remaining batter,
oiling pan when necessary.
- Separate cooked blintzes with waxed paper and keep warm. (Blintzes may be
prepared ahead of time and stored, covered, in refrigerator.)
- Filling: In a medium saucepan, combine honey, water, lemon juice,
potato starch and lemon peel. Heat over medium high-heat, stirring frequently,
until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, or until no longer cloudy.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. Stir in blueberries.
- To assemble: Spoon 2 tablespoons blueberry-lemon filling on each blintz.
Fold the sides toward center, then bottom up and top down. Place blintzes, seam-side
down, in buttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on underside.
Alternately, sauté blintzes in small amount of oil until lightly browned and
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes