Hot Cereal Pancakes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup creamy wheat (enriched farina) hot cereal (1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Mix flour, cereal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat egg, milk and oil in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Ladle batter onto hot nonstick griddle or skillet, using 1/4 cup batter
for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn over to brown other
prep: 15 min | total: 20 min
servings total: 4 servings, about 2 (4-inch) pancakes each
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using fat-free milk.
Special Extras: Serve pancakes topped with low-fat yogurt and your favorite cut-up
Stir 1 teaspoon grated orange peel into the prepared batter before ladling onto
Recipe and photo credit: kraftrecipes.com