- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup your favorite flavor
jam, jelly or preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl or in blender, beat milk, eggs and oil. Stir egg mixture into flour
mixture just until blended a few lumps may remain.
- Heat greased or nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until a drop
of water dances on the pan surface. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Cook until bubbles on top burst. Turn and cook on second side. Cook the pancakes
until just golden brown on both sides - if overcooked, they will not roll up as
easily. Lift out with spatula and let cool slightly - a minute or two.
- Spread each pancake with about 2 teaspoons jam. Roll up and place on serving
plate, seam-side down.
- Keep warm in 250 degree F oven.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 8 (6-inch) pancakes