Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Lemon Ricotta Cream
Swirl ricotta cheese into pancakes to make them light and fluffy. Add Pure Lemon
Extract for lemon flavor without tartness.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 15 ounces (1 container) ricotta cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Mix pancake mix, milk, 1 cup of the ricotta cheese, eggs and 1/2 teaspoon
of the lemon extract in large bowl until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto preheated lightly greased griddle
or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning when
pancakes begin to bubble.
- For the the Lemon Ricotta Cream, mix remaining ricotta cheese, confectioners’
sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract in medium bowl until well blended.
- Serve pancakes layered with Lemon Ricotta Cream. Sprinkle with additional
confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 12 min | Serves: 4
Serving Suggestion: Serve pancakes with fresh or dried fruit, such as strawberries
or assorted berries, currants or cranberries.
Nutritional information(amount per servings) Total Calories: 491 Sodium:
1295mg Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 64g Cholesterol: 132mg Protein: 25g Fiber: 2g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick