Orange Cloud Pancakes
Orange and whole wheat is a natural combination, and these feathery pancakes
make a complete breakfast. They’re so light it’s hard to believe they’re made with
whole wheat flour. Eat them as soon as they’re made, topped with maple syrup, and
begin your day with a full tummy and enough protein to last you till lunch!
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cottage cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick, 2 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or 1/8 teaspoon orange oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the cottage cheese, egg yolks, melted butter, and orange juice in
a food process or blender, and process until the cottage cheese is smooth, about
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and process again. Scrape the
mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the orange zest or oil. Let this mixture
rest for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, whip the egg whites until they’re stiff
but not dry. Use a rubber spatula to stir a spoonful of the whites into the
batter to loosen it, and then gently fold in the rest of the whites. This batter
doesn’t need to rest; cook the pancakes right away, as directed below.
- Pour the batter in 1/3-cupsful onto a preheated griddle. Cook the pancakes
till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately; they don’t hold well in the oven.
Yield: about 1 dozen 4-inch pancakes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes