- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Mix eggs, oil, buttermilk and yeast. Stir well.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Batter will be thick.
Cover lightly and keep in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at slightly lower temperature than usual pancakes.
Makes 16 to 18 (4-inch) pancakes.
This batter will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator, and it may be thinned
Batter needs headroom as it rises, so use a generous storage container.