Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
- 1/2 cup butter, divided (1/4 cup melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries
- Heat a griddle to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup butter and the brown
sugar. Add the pineapple rings and cook until caramelized.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda
and salt together.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the milk, granulated sugar and vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined and no
- Add the other 1/4 cup melted butter and mix well.
- Lightly grease the preheated griddle and wipe away any excess oil. Using
a 1/3-cup measuring cup, portion out pancake batter onto the hot griddle.
Place a pineapple ring in the center of the batter, press down gently, and
add a Maraschino cherry to the center of each ring.
- Allow the pancakes to cook until bubbles form along the top of the
batter. Flip and cook the other side until pancakes are golden brown and
- Serve pineapple side-up and drizzle with the remaining brown-sugar
Serves 5 to 6 | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 30 min