Praline Pecan Crepes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, baking powder and salt in small mixer bowl.
- Add all remaining crepes ingredients except 1 teaspoon butter. Beat at medium
speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 6 or 8-inch skillet until sizzling. For each crepe,
pour about 1/4 cup batter into skillet; immediately rotate skillet until thin film
covers bottom. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned (1 to 2 minutes). Loosen
edges of crepe from pan with wide spatula; turn over. Continue cooking until lightly
browned (2 to 3 minutes). Place crepe on plate. Repeat with remaining batter, placing
wax paper between each. Cover crepes. Set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat; stir in 1/4 cup sugar,
brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in all remaining sauce ingredients. Continue cooking,
stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken (5 to 6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, fold each cr pe in half; fold in half again to form triangles. When
sauce begins to thicken arrange crepes in skillet. Cook, spooning sauce over crepes
occasionally, until crepes are heated through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Serve warm crepes with sauce.
Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce)
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): Calories: 220; Fat: 11 g; Cholesterol: 50 mg;
Sodium: 180 mg; Carbohydrates: 26 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Protein: 4 g