- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin is fine)
- 4 eggs,
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine milk, egg yolks, butter and pumpkin and stir into dry ingredients until
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Stir 1/4 of whites into batter to lighten it. Gently
fold in remaining egg whites.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Spoon batter onto hot oiled skillet, allowing
about 3 tablespoons per pancake. Cook pancakes for about 1 1/2 minutes (or until
large bubbles form on uncooked surface). Flip pancakes and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes
on other side.
This is supposed to serve 4. But it would have to be 4 very hungry people I would
say it serves about 6.
Posted by Robin in MA at Recipe Goldmine 11/4/2001 9:30 am.