Raspberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup picked-over raspberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat, stirring.
Stir in milk and heat until just warm.
- Remove pan from heat. In a bowl whisk together milk mixture and egg.
- Into another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and stir in egg
mixture until just combined.
- Gently stir in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Heat a griddle over moderate heat until hot enough
to make a drop of water scatter over surface. Add 1 teaspoon butter and with a metal
spatula spread over griddle.
- Working in batches, drop 1/4-cup measures of batter onto griddle to form pancakes
about 4 inches in diameter and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides
are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes with spatula and cook until undersides
are golden brown and pancakes are cooked through.
- Transfer pancakes as cooked to an ovenproof platter and keep warm, uncovered,
- Make more pancakes with remaining butter and batter in same manner.
- Serve pancakes with pure maple syrup, heated.
Makes about 10 pancakes, serving 2 generously.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/9/2001,6:12 pm.