Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- Butter for pan/griddle
- Filling: Whisk 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and honey together and set
- Pancakes: Whisk the dry ingredients together – the flour, baking
powder, brown sugar, and salt – in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, egg yolk, and milk. Whisk
the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the egg white to soft peaks. Fold into
- In a hot pan or over a hot griddle, melt a small amount of butter and drop
2 tablespoons of batter at a time. Sprinkle a small amount of the chopped frozen
raspberries on top of the pancake batter before flipping.
- Cook the batter several minutes over medium/low heat until small bubbles
form, flip, and continue to cook several more minutes.
- Topping: Top the warm pancakes with honey ricotta and thawed frozen raspberries.
Yield: 6-8 (5-inch) pancakes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Processed Raspberry Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes