Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping
Move over red velvet cake, it's breakfast time with Red Velvet Pancakes made
with Bisquick®! But wait, they wouldn't be complete without a wonderful rich and
creamy cream cheese topping - yum!
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces (half of 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons red paste food color*
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric
mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until
topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire
whisk until well blended.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375 degrees F). (To test
griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is
just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook
other side until golden brown.
- Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal
bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pancakes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 20 min | Servings 14
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving Calories 450 ( Calories from Fat 170) Total
Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 2g) Cholesterol 100mg Sodium 560mg Total Carbohydrate
62g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 39g ), Protein 7g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk;
0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat;
3 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes