Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes
Feeding a big bunch? Let us introduce you to our Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes – the new easiest way to crank out a big order of ‘cakes, without compromising on taste.
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Maple syrup**
* If desired, substitute milk mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice for buttermilk. Let stand for 15 minutes before using.
** Alternatively, for a lighter take, serve pancakes with 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or 1 cup of ricotta cheese with 1/4 cup honey.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and lemon zest; stir in remaining oil.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined (do not overmix; a few lumps are okay). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over top; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut and serve pancakes with remaining blueberries and maple syrup.
Servings: 4 | Prep: 5 min | Total: 10-12 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
US Highbush Blueberry Council
>> BREAKFAST RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.