Strings of Flats
Stacks of these griddlecakes were eaten in the old lumbering camps where they
were known both as "Flannel Cakes" and as "Strings of Flats,"
or "Flatcars," presumably for the railroad flatcars that took the lumber
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate container, beat eggs until light, then stir in milk and melted
butter. With as few strokes as possible, blend egg mixture in with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter onto a hot, greased griddle and cook until both sides are nicely
- Serve at once with butter and warm maple syrup or honey.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes