Sweet Potato Pancakes
If you are a fan of potato pancakes, you'll become addicted to this version
in no time. And if you are not a fan, just try them...I bet you'll change your
- 2 sweet potatoes, grated
- 2 ordinary potatoes, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
- Melted butter
- Sour cream or yogurt
- Chives, chopped
- Put the grated potatoes, sweet and ordinary, in a colander over a bowl. Sprinkle
with salt and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and squeeze the potatoes to remove all the liquid.
- Mix the potatoes with the carrots, onion, garlic, parsley, eggs, flour, lemon
juice and seasonings. Thin the mixture with milk, if necessary.
- Drop large tablespoons of the batter into a frying pan, and fry the pancakes
in melted butter until brown and crisp.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped fresh chives.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/11/02 5:06:13 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes