Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes with Ginger Butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, boiled, mashed sweet potato (or same amount canned)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- Pancakes: In large bowl stir together first 7 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and
stir just until well-mixed.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle by 1/3 cup measure (may need to be smoothed out
a bit). Cook until slightly browned.
- Serve with Ginger Butter.
- Ginger Butter: Mix together until well-blended.
Yield: 24 pancakes
Recipe used with permission from The William Kehoe House, Savannah, Georgia.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes