Union Pacific Apple Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups homemade applesauce
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine butter, milk and egg. Stir into flour. Add vanilla extract and applesauce.
- Spoon batter onto a hot, well greased griddle, allowing enough batter to make
4-inch cakes. When edges are lightly browned, turn and cook on second side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or apple jelly and lots of butter.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: The Union Pacific System, 150 Recipes for Apple Dishes, 1910,
Eugene Register Guard
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pancake Recipes