Vanilla Buttermilk Pancakes
with Warm Vanilla Maple Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
Warm Vanilla Maple Syrup
- 1 (16 ounce) container pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Pancakes: Beat eggs well, then add buttermilk and baking soda.
- Start adding flour slowly, while mixing until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or spray a griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Heat
to medium and use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour out pancake batter on a hot griddle.
- Serve with warm Vanilla Maple Syrup.
- Warm Vanilla Maple Syrup: Mix the two ingredients together well and heat to boiling.
Remove from heat and ladle over warm pancakes.
Yield: about 16 (8-inch) pancakes