Wild Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup blueberries
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat
eggs, sour cream and milk together. Add flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat with oil. Pour a scant 1/2 cup batter
onto griddle; spread batter to make 5 to 6-inch circles. Sprinkle a few blueberries
over. When bubbles form and break on top and edges lose their wet and shiny look
(about 1 minute), flip pancake. Cook second side.
- Until brown and baked through (about 1 minute). Continue until all batter is
used. Serve pancakes with warm blueberry sauce.
- Blueberry Sauce: Puree 1/2 cup blueberries in a small food processor or blender
with 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Combine pureed blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar,
1/2 cup water and 1/2 cinnamon stick in medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil, reduce
heat and simmer 5 to 8 minutes. Add 1 cup blueberries and simmer 2 to 3 minutes,
adding more sugar if needed. Discard cinnamon stick. Keep warm; pour over pancakes.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by tgraddy at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 7:23:39 pm.